Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yesterday we did our first real lunging lesson. The arena was kinda mucky, and I just wanted to goof around a bit. I took Bijou out with just a halter and tried to instill in her the move forward cue. Eventually we got it going pretty good with her walking and trotting on the end of her lead rope around me. Then I added in a small jump to see what she would do. She was cautious at first, but once I walked over it with her she popped right over it, sometimes getting too forward and dragging me away from it rather than stay on a circle.

That's all we've really been able to do since the weather continues to be disgusting. I can't wait to get her all cleaned up and have her STAY that way. Right now there's a considerable amount of mud stuck to her belly, neck, and face that won't come off without water and it's been too cold for that.

Goals: none... doesn't make sense with no arenas to work in, no truck to get hay, no one to deliver hay, feeding as per usual, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment